Made to measre joist hangers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First post here.
I am doing a loft conversion and I'll need 12 special joist hangers as standard ones aren't long enough. I'm hanging 3 off 145x45 joists bolted together in the same hangers. So hanger has to be approx 135-150mm wide. I estimate the length of the hanger has to be 510mm. 100mm of this will be wrapped over the top of a timber shotfired to a Universal Beam. The face of the hanger will be nailed to a timber bolted into the web of the UB. The structural engineer has ok'd this long down stand. There will be no problem with lateral stability as these triple joists will also be bolted to the existing trusses.

Can anyone suggest a hanger or a company that will make them up for me(I've done a drawing). I've looked everywhere and have contacted Expamet who do the Speedy hangers - the only suggestion they had was to use their angle plates to hang the joists with.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Sponsored Links
Can't you just slide a normal hanger onto each outer joist?

And if need be, fix some speedy strap to the centre one to form a hanger

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back