Madness

Sponsored Links
She certainly doesn’t seem capable of her safeguarding role.

a six figure sum coming her way and rightly so

Sponsored Links
Should be paid by the grass and those who took the decision to sack her, not by taxpayers.
Sounds like Bhagwandas hads a problem, and someone should have weighed the evidence and not let it go further.
Unless they were all in it together of course.

Which are funded by the government with our money.
Some people still find it hard to understand that the UK education system is mainly privatised, but still funded by the taxpayer!

Profits before pupils!

The no smacking rule is flawed to start with. I remember my mother saying she never needed to smack me, and could not see why anyone should smack a child, then my sister was born.

There clearly needs to be control, we when I went to school had a punishment book, and only the head master, woodwork and metalwork teachers were allowed. It was considered safety first, and not to have the threat of the cain could result in unsafe practices by students.

Without the threat looking at exclusion, be it from school or a class, there is a balance, but in this case really nothing to do with school, she was the parent.

Even if the ex-head, gets the upper limit of compensation (about £110k from memory) she has to cover her legal costs.

There is insurance, but I don't know how common or what it would cover here. Probably standard but maybe variance in academies?

The number of children in England being home educated increased by more than 10,000 last autumn to 92,000, with mental health increasingly cited by parents as the main reason, according to official figures. While a majority said they had deregistered their children as a last resort because schools had been unable to support complex health needs such as autism or anxiety disorders, a significant number also said they did so because they did not feel a school environment enabled their children to thrive socially, emotionally and academically.

The Guardian

A classroom containing 18–24 students appears to be the ideal number but In secondary schools, the average is 22 pupils, whilst the average primary class has remained stable at 26 pupils. The average size of an infant class is 26. This is slightly higher than in January 2021, when the average was 26.6, but lower than it has been over the course of the last decade. However some classrooms will have up to 30 pupils making it difficult to control and motivate everyone involved.

Sponsored Links
Back