Mafell tools

Sponsored Links
Personally not used them but a lot of the people who do use and buy them seem to think so. Although I often wonder if they tell themselves they're so much better to justify the money they've spent. I wouldn't risk it for site work however. Something that expensive to go missing or get damaged simply wouldn't be something I'd want playing on my mind. The festool price range is my limit.

Yes. On site you don't leave them out, though, ever. At brew times they are locked away - which stops the idiots and tea leaves. P1cc is better than he Festool jigsaw and there are saws in the Mafell range which run rings around the opposition (e.g. K85ec - which will replace my Hilti WSC85 this year with luck). To date I have only the P1cc jigger and LNF20 biscuit jointer in 110 volt and they are superb (the Hilti WSC85 was also built by Mafell and replaced a Makita 5903RK which in comparison was a pile of junk). If/when my TS55 pegs out I'll be going for an MT55cc, too, so jam and bread for a bit longer, methinks!

Sponsored Links
For me NO.
I have the HK85 and FSK rail. And what a sweet piece of equipment.
Mafell is double the price.
No plunge facility (so a heck of a lot less useful), not available in 110 volt and with the rail the difference in price is 1.5 times (so, yes, still bloody expensive) - and when, oh when, are people like those muppets at Festool going to realise that site tools need to be available in 110 volt in the UK? For most tradesmen (surely the target market?) the HK85 is about as much use as a bicycle is to a fish and looks more like it's being targeted at the rich weekend warriors out there

Last edited by a moderator:
No plunge facility

It does have a plunge facility.
240v is great. No transformer to lug around. Been using it all week on site. Full depth cuts down through stacks of plywood, ripping 75mm planks etc.
Great machine.
Back to the workshop next week manufacturing timber trusses with the fsk rail.
And two 40' load of 14" x 4" timber sitting waiting that my big makita 5103R will rip up.
Mafell? pffft
Their MKSec range seem to be all 240v with the 130ec starting @ £2000 quid.
For that price I could have two festool sword saws on site with 200mm depth of cut facility. 110v is underpowered imo.
Mafell's pricing is in la la land.

Last edited:
It does have a plunge facility.
240v is great. No transformer to lug around. Been using it all week on site.

Not to be that guy, but depending on what your definition of 'site' it, it's no site the HSE wouldn't condemn.

• Portable electrical equipment
    Tools, plugs and cables designed for DIY and domestic use are not suitable for site conditions. You should use cordless tools or those that operate from a 110V centre tapped to earth (CTE) supply system so that the maximum voltage to earth does not exceed 55V.

Regularly inspect power tools and take them out of service if they are damaged. Tools should be serviced by qualified electricians. Do not do makeshift repairs.

http://www.hse.gov.uk/construction/safetytopics/systems.htm

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back