Magic eye issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit long winded this but bear with me....
.....Mother has a sky box in a kitchen cupboard otherside of wall from main lounge tv. Feed to this tv is via HDMI with coax feeding a magic eye to change channels etc
The coax from the aerial comes into this sky box and another goes out to a booster in the loft which feeds 2 other tv's.
For years this worked perfectly as the sky rf in took the input while rf out 1 went to the booster and the powered rf 2 went to the lounge tv.
A few years back sky sent them a new box which only has the i/o port on. I bought them the relevant adapter but it has only 1 rf output. Fitted a basic splitter to the output and it worked fine for a few months then the magic eye stopped working. Take the splitter away and each coax works individually but not together. I then installed a booster behind the sky box to feed both coax and again it worked fine but not forever. It works intermittently at best now.
My last option was to install a new coax from the loft booster to the lounge tv therefore having only one output from the sky box. The booster they had was a basic model which gave a picture on coax to the lounge tv but didn't power the magic eye. I bought a new digital passthrough model which also have a good picture and it powered the magic eye but wouldn't allow the changing of channels.
We've tried numerous magic eyes also.

I am now at a loss. I've suggested moving the sky box to the lounge which isn't happening and all I can think of now us to get a HDMI remote sender setup

If you understood all that any ideas????

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back