MagnaClean

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I inherited the above in our 'new' house and I've cleaned it maybe six or seven times in five months - excessive, but I don't think it was done before. So the first time it had a lot of muck, second time less, then I had a couple of new rads installed, so was cleaning it in case there was any cr*p in the system and so on. Anyway... Whenever it's cleaned the heating performs better (hotter). I can even turn down the boiler a few degrees. Any ideas why? The last time there were some miniscule rings of muck which I cleaned but nothing much. Is the flow that sensitive?

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
You are removing sludge and scale. They areinstalled to increase efficiency.

Next time you drain it to clean it, add some inhibitor into the magnaclean before you put the magnet back in, emptying and cleaning it all the time will dilute the inhibitor so has to be topped up

Sponsored Links
Hi both

Thanks for replies. I had been adding Sentinel save for the last time and I appreciate it's improving efficiency. I was just surprised how little muck was cleaned this time and how dramatic the improvement in heating.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back