Second New Magnaclean leaking from side after service

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 28mm magnaclean filter - It was installed six months ago and working - I took of the lid to clean the sludge and tried to put it back - It was leaking and I got a new filter which was installed

Today I drained down the filter and took off the cap - I put it back on and its leaking again from the side valves.

How reliable are these units exactly - I though tthese units could be regularly serviced but this is the second time I have tried to service it and it leaks

The filter sits in an outhouse so is it possible that teh cold has made the cartidge brittle?

Sponsored Links
Pity, filter catches muck better then almost every filter

Sponsored Links
When I fit/service magnacleans I suck with water vac and clean the threads and rubber with water and clean wet cloth. Carful dies it when adding any chemical or Inhibitor that it all goes straight in without any spills or over filling.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back