Magnesium Oxide MGO SIPs and thermal breeches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am about to start a two story and basement side extention; in which i wanted to use SIPs faced with MGO rather than OSB. I am told that they can have a polymer render applied directly to the facing as well as being fireproof.
My concern is with building control querying thermal breaches at the header plate points where the joist hangers are mounted.
Can anyone let me know if there are different construction techniques for MGO compared to OSB, or can I use the same detail drawings to inform building control?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Personally I have no experience of using MOB instead of OSB ( frankly in fact my experience of using SIPs has not been an altogether positive experience) Your SIPs supplier should be sending you standard details to incorporate into yours or your designers own drawings. This is important as (as well as satisfying Building Control) you need to make sure your supplier will honour the warranty. They should have standard details and be able to justify it to Building Control should they query it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back