Magnetic sludge remover - are they all the same?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a small (4 rad) combi boiler heating system and am after some guidance on what make/model of sludge remover is best to use or are they all really pretty much the same with the cheaper ones performing just as well as the more expensive ones or are the more expensive ones worth the extra money?

Sponsored Links
Do you mean a magnetic filter ? they catch magnatite not sludge, only way to remove sludge is to flush it out

Ian. Apologies, yes, I should have said magnetic filter and not sludge remover.

which boiler are you installing ? some manus offer longer warranties if you use their filter, you will get loads of differing opinions about which are the best or worst

Sponsored Links
It will be a Baxi.

Baxi website shows the boiler with an Adey Magnaclean next to it. I couldnt be arsed to download their warranty terms but I'm guessing that's the filter they want you to use... And, depends on the length of warranty they offer with each model of boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back