Main 24HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys,

I'm trying to understand my central heating boiler and why I seem to have a fault on it. After reading the instructions I am somewhat confused as to what the primary flow switch is. It is mentioned in the fault finding but can't find it listed in the spares list. Is it named as something else on there???

Tank

Sponsored Links
the primary flow switch is the pump proving switch.
1. is there 1.2bar on gauge.
2. is pump working (not seized.)
3. is bypass blocked.
4. is diaraghm split.

Cheers guys,

My boiler is still on the blink and my trusty gas engineer isn't back till Friday. Hopefully he'll fit me in, the 2 messages I've left should hopefully stir him!

Sometimes I get heating and may get lucky and also get hot water when the heating is on full.

If the heat is on low I don't tend to get any hot water

If I have no heat I have no hot water and when set to hot water only get nothing.

The flame failure light always comes on, sometimes it ignites shortly afterwards, more often then not it doesn't. The pump, fan, pressure switch and primary flow switch all seem to operate.

I followed the fault finding flow diagram and I'm assuming that it's going to be either the pressure switch (although this clicks as the fan starts), the gas valve (is this likely) or the PCB :(

What are your thoughts?

T

Sponsored Links
You wanna change your heating engineer. :rolleyes:

Get your air pressure switch replaced by an RGI. Dont question it, just do it. Your man can bypass it on the PCB to prove the fault if he knows how, and if not.... :rolleyes:

Just because the APS 'clicks' means nothing. Its top left behind the fan incase you need to point your man in the right direction.

Mr. W.

Wow you sound pretty confident, I like it though. I shall follow your advise :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back