main combi 24he cutting out when heating is on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fully aware of the combustion chamber, for some reason my approval has been pending for about a month!! 54293 is my reg

So I moved an existing boiler, upstairs to downstairs, in the summer. When it came to winter the guy complained there was a horrific banging sound and his hot water was cutting out. He could not understand his boiler developed a fault and accussed me basically of breaking it albeit 3 months down the line. Diverter valve diaphragm fixed the hot water. He still complained about this radiator noise which I ha never heard and that the upstairs rads were cool. The temp also went up after a while and was cutting the boiler off early.
I stuck a screwdriver in his pump and stopped it spinning easily. I told him I would replace the pump first then go from there as he had a circulation problem. Explained there may be a blockage. He would not let me replace the pump. So he had insurance company out, they changed the pump and the main heat exchanger but said they were not faulty so he is blaming me! ...for his insurance premium rising. The fault still exists. He is accusing me and blaming me, I literally moved the boiler and renewed all pipework, about 6m each supply. I can't imagine that I have used too much solder and created a blockage??? Could it be the pump was fooked but now the gu y changed the heat exchanger that there is an air lock in that?
Would a split diaphragm on the heating side cause this issue? Anyone got any ideas...or is it defo a blockage in the pipework. Apparently the system was powerflushed 5 years ago and to be fair the water is really clean.....

Sponsored Links
You will need to register in the combustion chamber

You need to check your gas reg no as it is not listed on gas safe register
that may be the reason you have not been approved for the c c.

sorry steve it's 542293 m. burton.
I missed a number
Now it is pending I can not do nothing about it. I have contacted the site and nothing back

Sponsored Links
you ONLY suggested that it might be the pump lad , HE decided to get another company to replace it so walk away and tell him you cant be held responsible for other peoples work, and please dont be tempted to go and work for him again when he asks you, the bloke is a knob

I know what you are saying Ian, I want nothing to do with the guy but as my post said, I moved the boiler in the summer and he says he has had problems ever since he switched the heating on this winter, although when he got in touch it was because he had intermittent hot water and blamed me. I told him it was a boiler fault, either the diverter or the plate hex and that I would not do the repair. So he got the insurance out, they changed the diverter diaphragm, like I told him.

He then says ever since I moved the boiler the system doesn't work properly and bangs. So that is when insurance went back out and changed pump and main hex. I said, why did they change the main hex.....if it was blocked there would be hot water probs. He then says I told him the main hex might be blocked!!! I said no, when the hot water was intermittent I suggested the plate hex might be blocked! The bloke is a complete ****** but I did move the boiler and there is a circulation problem. Boiler shoots up to 80 then cuts out, flow is too hot too touch.

So what I don't know is whether the pump was the problem but by changing the main hex they have an air lock or if I did something to block a pipe when moving it ( which could only be a massively over soldered joint, which it was all 22mm pipe so I doubt it)
Or if there is just another blockage elsewhere, or any other suggestions??? Would a split diaphragm on the heating part of the diverter cause these issues??

I can't really say it is not my problem, as he did contact me about loud noises on the central heating when winter came. I don't want a bad rep from it but on the other hand he is being a complete pri ck

Steve if the primary or secondary hex was blocked then would that not in turn effect the hot water as well?

Also check both F&R valves are open (as opposed to the handles pointing the right way). I did this on a logic recently, guy had two others out and he was told he needed a powerflush by both.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back