Main combi 30 Eco stops heating the rads!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, 7 yr old main combi boiler Eco. Always been reliable but recently when the heating is on and you turn the hot tap on the heating to rads stops working.

Sponsored Links
every combi boiler does exactly the same thing or do you mean the heating does not come back on again ?

Yes you are correct , how long has it been since you've had no heating when the HW is being used?
If I were you I would learn to live with it , if not then it could turn out to be a very expensive repair.
My Vaillant EcoTEC 802 works just fine , my wife spends over 6 hours in the shower and the rads are always too hot to touch , we only have the combi boiler and no HW tank.

Sponsored Links
Hi, 7 yr old main combi boiler Eco. Always been reliable but recently when the heating is on and you turn the hot tap on the heating to rads stops working.

Don't turn the hot tap on then

Thanks for your responses. To add a little more information: when then heating has been running for 5 minutes or 5 hours when your turn the hot tap on the heating stops working permanently unless you manually turn the boiler off and back on again!

"my wife spends six hours in the shower"....ROFL.....top line!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back