main combi eco.......noise ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a main combi eco boiler & on heating it makes a droning/humming noise, however, this stops when you put the hot taps on, therefore cutting the heating phase.
this then resumes when the heating kicks back in......any ideas ??
i have taken the air out of the rads & the fan sounds ok !!!
its driving me nuts !!..... :rolleyes:
many thanks in advance......

Sponsored Links
Sorry to bother you, but did you ever get a resolution to the droning/humming on your main eco 30 Combi boiler? i have exactly the same issue with mine.

best regards

paul
[email protected]

Hi, I had the valve changed which did seem to improve the problem a bit. But it has returned again this year but nowhere near as bad. I have spoken to an engineer, who seems to think that it's an air mixture adjustment that needs to be done, but I rent and the guy is a bit slow out of the blocks !!
If you do get yours sorted, kindly let me know if you would.
Regards, lee.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the information. If I find out anything then I will post it here.

The problem is it only occurs when the boiler has been heating for 5+ hours, so its rare that it happens. i am wondering if the problem has been there since it was installed 2 years ago.

I added a tube of inhibitor and a tube of noise-reducer a few days ago, but it had no effect - we had the heating on all yesterday afternoon and after 6 hours the grumbling/ humming started.

paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back