Ariston Eco Combi 27MFFI - The Saga :-)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some of you may remember on 1st December I wrote on here to say that my brand new Ariston Eco Combi 27 MFFI boiler was making a horrendous humming racket that could be heard in every room of our house, including the kitchen/basement.

I just want to post the conclusion on here. That's right - it has taken 3 and a half months to solve the horrible noise.

We had a visit from the Ariston engineer on 19th December who said he would arrange a new pump. So we waited, and waited and called and called until finally, on 14th February the pump and engineer arrived on our doorstep. 1 new pump installed no longer noisy = 1 happy Me.....until the next morning when the lovely humming noise returned with avengence :evil:

So it was back to the original installer who was still in the dark as to why this noise was happening :confused: He installed more Fernox into the system last Tuesday which did reduce the noise but not totally and, to my astonishment (and luck that I had the afternoon off) the next day he turned up on our doorstep with another plumber who took literally 1 minute to sort out the noise - apparently air in the pump was causing the annoying hum!

And since then our Ariston Eco Combi has been as quiet as a mouse - doesn't even wake me up at 6.25 every morning which has resulted in me being late for work twice! :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back