Brand new boiler - 1 day old - problems already

When my boiler is running I can hear the fan, especially when my ear is against the boiler case.

If I listen carefully upstairs I can hear the pipes expanding as they get hot and contracting when they cool, only happens rarely but I can still hear them!

I wont worry though, I installed the system and I fitted a decent boiler so all is probably well.

Jeeeez I just heard the washing machine fill up- best go and have a whine on an internet forum.

Get a life and be thankful your cheap and nasty Ariston actually still works.

Sponsored Links
:evil: Whatever BDL.
My installer has said that this is not normal and he is in the process of sorting it out.
If you don't have anything constructive to say then keep your sarcastic comments to yourself.
I'm just trying to get things sorted and I thought that coming on here would give me some useful information.
I'm glad to see that not everyone on this forum is as "helpful" as you are.

Whatever Hollybush!!!

I am very helpful- but it seems obvious that no matter what anyone does or says you will remain an unhappy whinging customer.

You can hear your pipes expanding and contracting? Did they not before?

You hear a humming noise! You forgot to mention the noise of the fan!

Blah blah blah- Get a joint visit with your installer and Ariston discuss your problems and get it resolved. If they both say it is normal then stop whining and some ear plugs.

BDL said:
You can hear your pipes expanding and contracting? Did they not before?
No they did not

You hear a humming noise! You forgot to mention the noise of the fan!
Yes the fan is louder - should you be able to hear a boiler fan 2 floors down?????????????????

Blah blah blah- Get a joint visit with your installer and Ariston discuss your problems and get it resolved. If they both say it is normal then stop whining and some ear plugs.

My installer has said it is NOT normal - he has fitted this model in previous houses and they do NOT have the problem that I seem to be having.

It's so nice to see that some people can be so compassionate.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
ok you win.

Hollybush I am soooooooo concerned that you can hear a humming noise in your house. I reckon it is a noisy pump or you have debris in your system. I wish I could take that horrible noise away but I can't.

So do as I have suggested and get a joint visit with Ariston and your installer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back