Main combi 30 he Delay in firing up for hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, I hope someone can help.

I have a Main combi 30 he. It’s been working fine until a few days ago.

Mains water pressure is good.
Central Heating is working perfect.

My problem:

1. Initially you had to put on 2 taps to get the boiler to fire up.

Also there is a delay in the boiler firing up for hot water. You have to turn on the taps on fully before the boiler fires up.

no warning lights on.

Venturi was changed- made a slight difference you only have to put one tap of fully for the boiler to fire up.

this was the part:
https://www.dhsspares.co.uk/product...MIkJ3LmPeq7QIVWODtCh0_WQ-pEAQYASABEgLtsPD_BwE

2. water pressure is showing 1.5 bar. I did try filling it up more but the gauge needle just won’t budge Past 2. broken gauge?? ie not showing correct reading? Or blocked somewhere? i know it should only be 1.5 bar but i was just checking is the gauge worked. i put it back on 1.5 bar again

3. Could it be expansion vessel ? That needs repressurising?

Air pressure switch was changed 6 months ago, diaphragm was changed 12 months ago.

could it be sensors? thermistors?

hope someone can help.

Sponsored Links
Usually can only be 2 things diaphragm and venturi.
Might have been cheap diaphragm fitted when changing diaphragm make sure front nut is also change and pin cleaned of any crud and greased

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks, i will get them checked gas112 and report back

Hey Adam, did you get to the bottom of this as I have a similar issue ??

Thanks
Al

Sponsored Links
hey Adam, did you find out what was wrong, as I have a similar problem with the Main HE

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back