Main Eco 25 Hot water working no heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

I have not used my heating in over 4 months, last time it worked fine. I also have a Salus thermostat/programmer.

Now when I turn up the temperature, I can see a flame icon on the programmer but still no heating, I did bleed the radiators which had a lot of air in all of them, then added pressure to the boiler, still no heating.

I touched the flow pipe which goes upstairs from the kitchen, it appears hot but still the radiators are not getting hot.

I dont know whether its the battery of the programmer, or some issue with the boiler itself. Is there a way i can see where the problem lies.

Sponsored Links
Does your boiler working? Try to check the settings of your boiler and central heating system. Maybe something down there is broken.

Your not giving enough info to help , what's happening with boiler when you give demand for heating? Sounds / observations e.g on boiler screen or lights, Your heating pipe getting hot might be because your diverter is leaking into heating from the hw

Sorry if I did not provide more info

The make of the boiler is a Main Eco 25, the green light is on for the central heating, the boiler does fire because I can hear noise from within the boiler and the temperature of the boiler is also going up. The hot water works so at least the boiler fires up. There was one error code when the pressure dropped to almost 0 after bleeding, but I could not make note of it fast as my brother then turned it off afterwards.

I checked the thermostat temp and increased this, flame icon coming from the thermostat.

Sponsored Links
check that you didnt turn off the heating valve when you topped up the pressure,the black levers should point forward

check that you didnt turn off the heating valve when you topped up the pressure,the black levers should point forward
There was only one black lever that I remember turning backwards to fill the pressure. Are you sayunfortunately there are other levers that should be turned forward ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back