Main Eco elite heat excahnger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all,

I'd like to know if the plate heat exchanger on the main Eco elite 25 combi is stainless steel or not. I'm in the market for a budget boiler for my 2up 2down mid terrace and after reading on the forum about things to look out for I can't find this out from the info provided for this model.

It is to replace a chaffoteaux britony combi 80, which is just getting ridiculous when it comes to breakdowns and repairs. After a very recent repair something different has gone wrong which I won't go into as I've made my mind up to have changed.

I appreciate the saying you get what you pay for but we will be moving in the not to distant future so don't want to spend a fortune and Crossling have these at £550+ vat inc flu kit. My neighbour is a BG engineer (and friend of the family) and has kindly offered to install it for me and flush the system.

Thanks in advance, kev

Sponsored Links
It's not the plate hex that needs to be stainless steel, but the main one. No one worries about plate hexs. Many are copper anyway.

All the same, the Main is a decent enough budget boiler.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. I'm going to have to organise this weekend as although the issue is intermittent, the boiler is off again and I'm now fed up and have left a message for the installer

Are there any others on the same budget (or not much more) as the main but with a stainless heat exchanger?

If I did go down the main boiler route, are aluminium exchangers that bad? I have been told that there is possibly some inhibitor or similar which neutralises the acid that causes the issues with the aluminium.

Cheers, kev

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back