Mains Electricity Operated Chainsaw Parkside 2200W vs. Titan 2000W

I always get the feeling there are probably only one or two Chinese factories knocking these things out and they get badged up as various known brand names once the commercials are struck! What it then comes down to is perhaps the desire for whoever is branding it to do some quality control in line with their brand image - I'm sure Screwfix insist on some minimum quality of engineering so their own label doesn't get a bad rep, but keeps it at that price point below the big colours

Sponsored Links
I bought my large petrol (2T) saw a couple or so years ago, to cut up a large tree which had come down in a storm. It was my first and only chainsaw, and I found it quite scary/intimidating to use, at first. I needn't have worried, it was very easy to use, though quite heavy - it flew through the cutting. It's weight seemed to help a lot working on the ground, I certainly would not like to try to use it above ground.

After use, it got stored away in my hut, unused, until last week. It had more than paid for itself, dealing with that one tree. Last week, I got it out again to deal with a large tree stump, not really expecting to be able to even start it. It wouldn't start, but only because the spark plug cap had come apart. Once sorted, it fired straight up, and cut the stump up in just seconds. Avril, who didn't know I had the chain saw, had got a bow saw out to try to tackle it - likely, even the large bow saw wouldn't have been big enough for the job, but anyway would have taken hours. It was just a cheap, no name job, with tools and a spare chain.

Many seem not to know how a chain saw is supposed to be used (as seen in that video) - you dig the spikes into the side of the log, then use the spikes to lever the chain into the cut.

Last edited:
Many seem not to know how a chain saw is supposed to be used (as seen in that video) - you dig the spikes into the side of the log, then use the spikes to lever the chain into the cut.
Or how or where to stand when using the saws. Wearing the proper safety kit. The safety kit I have cost more than my Husky CS.

The more I know and use a chain saw the more scared I am with using the tool.

Poor quality video, and an annoying guy frequently walking into shot, but a masterful use of a chainsaw:

Sponsored Links
The more I know and use a chain saw the more scared I am with using the tool.
most-dangerous-jobs-in-the-world_f30ff1ca-6b39-46a1-a2b9-cc180b9776f1_2048x2048.png

Shame (or is it?) we don't allow people to buy dynamite here.

Any tool would be danger to safety if used with no care. Still think the most dagerous tools are motor cars.

For Parkside 2200W Chainsaw, I was disppointed with this video for its performamce. It looks underpowered I thought.
But no, it looks like the user error - no PPE to start, and the way he was cutting is NOT right, and maybe did let down the saw instead the saw letting down the user.

As soon as I see a video like this, (no PPE whatsoever), I immediately dismiss the tool because of the way the bigger tool is using it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back