Mains flush.......now worse than before !

Right, to answer your question Alfredo, the system did work ok up until last winter, I say 'ok' because I have an update on the situation.
The pump began to make intermittant screeching noises, then went quiet for a while.
Next day, went to local heating shop and chatted about problem to one of the guys there."Sounds like your pump's on its way out"
(By this time I'd got upstairs rads quite hot, and had decided to leave things alone until springtime,using gas fire in room for warmth).
Anyway, asked him if he had any chemical cleaner I could put in and leave til I got round to having another look, and he recommended this.... http://www.heatandplumb.com/acatalog/Calmag_System_Flush_and_Inhibitor_All_in_One.html
I'd never heard of it before, but decided to try it.........
I can report that my system is working pefectly now !!!.........it's NEVER worked this well since we've lived here (11 years) the pump has stopped making any noises..ALL the rads are hot....very hot!...
Maybe it's a coincidence, I don't know, but I'm very pleased, I know that.... :D :D :D :D .......................(lets hope it lasts...... ;) )

Sponsored Links
Excellent.....as an addendum to my other highly technical advice (give it some welly etc) I now add....."Stick some gloop in it"

Takes years of training and experience you know :oops: :rolleyes:

Alfredo

Hahaha.................nice one...... . There's nothing like good,sound technical advice, based on years of hands on experience, is there? :D ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back