Mains Gas Pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Was wondering if SGN will run a mains gas pipe in screed and through a wall, rather than digging a couple of holes? Anyone had any experience with gas networks moving meters.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
currently external to external on the other side of solid wall. its current position will mean the meter will be in my porch when its built.

ok am not sure but as long as there is nothing wrong with the service, i would have thought they would have just dug the one hole and come up with a house entry tee

am I right in saying it needs to be 450mm under the ground. Dig a couple of half meter deep holes either side of the wall for them.

2m of 8inch solid wall sticking out perpendicular from the front of the house. Meter is on the left hand side of the wall. I want it on the right.

They will not put a new service pipe under a foundation or floor now unless its a leak to an existing service and its inserted into the existing iron service to existing position.
Even the smallest service alteration is up around 700 quid now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back