mains inlet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it feasable or legal to run 25mm MDPE (blue plastic) water pipe from the main up into the water tank in the loft.
I figure it would be quieter and quicker than squeezing it through a 15mm copper tube?

Sponsored Links
I don't see there's much point in using such a large pipe to a storage tank as it has to go through a tiny restrictor hole in the ballcock valve anyway.
I doubt the noise level woukd be any different, and it would not be good practice even if it's legal. Also consider subsequent owners, someone will oneday have to sort a problem out with your installation.

Oilmans right

what about running up 15mm hep20 or poly plumb?? both flexible plastic pipe

Well,
I just have large quantities of it to hand so its an expense thing as well.We use it in the animals water troughs and find the plastic pipe doesnt resonate as much as copper except as you say oilman, at the valve.
just a thought.

Sponsored Links
I think the answer is a bigger water tank or a another one side by side connected together or another ballcock valve in the same tank ? !!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back