Underground mains water pipe size

20 Mar 2006
Reaction score
United Kingdom
About to reroute / replace underground mains water supply pipe from water meter (near street) to stop cock, which is a run of approx 15m. All existing mains cold in the house (bungalow) from the stop cock is 15mm copper, so will 20mm MDPE be OK? Got an awkward bend to negotiate, so would prefer not to use 25mm....

Sponsored Links
think you will find that your water board will require 25mm and a sleeve if it passes through a wall. they may also expect you to put in a double check valve at house end.
would ring them to check if I was you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links