Mains Isolation

I did the same with ENWL. Fitted my own isolator and lidded enclosure with tails ready then called them and they came and fitted the tails to the meter and left me to fit the other end to the CU while he scoffed biccies and copious gallons of tea, then re-energised.
Surely with an isolator added, he could have re energised straight away and skipped the biscuits? Or did he tell you tea and biscuits are an essential part of the job? ;)

Sponsored Links
1 He wanted to sit back and enjoy his treat

2 He wanted to megger the tails before energising.

Give him rooibos twig "tea" and gluten-free, sugar-free, fat-free "biscuits" and see how much sitting back and enjoying he wants to do then... :evil:

Sponsored Links
Dno subcontractor call to adjust time and I asked at the time if they could fit, the guy on the phone said he could only do the works they were told. So called npower and they said they would instruct the dno to fit if they have time, else have made a second appointment to fit at the end of the month.

Just to update and close, DNO Subbie came out, and decided it would be in his interest to install the isolator at the same time. Called his office, confirmed that they could pull the job from 30th (the second app) forward to when he was visiting, and installed the isolator and meter at the same time. Npower didnt charge, nor even mention money when i arranged the change.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back