Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
The main Stopcock is a bit dodgy so I'm going to get a plumber to change, I was thinking of then getting him to fit an isolator just after this so that if ever I need to turn the water off I can just turn a lever as opposed to winding the stopcock as I would feel more relaxed knowing we had a secondary isolator. Have seen the lever ball fittings and was thinking of this but also was thinking could I not get him to use a JG emergency shut off valve instead? what would be the better option for the mains isolator-15mm ball lever or 15 JG emergency shut off valve. The boiler is right next to the mains and think I read something about no plastic fittings/pipes in such a short space however not sure if relevant or not but can always extend the copper pipe from the mains so that it is further a way and in a better location for us to isolate. I know the emergency shut offs are more commonly found on the feed to toilets just thought maybe that in terms of cost they are roughly the same as the level type and a bit more compact. Opinions?

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't ever use a plaastic push fit as a mains stop valve, they are very restrictive. Always use a full bore lever valve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back