Maintained Emergency Lighting

I bet crafty doesn't remember them :LOL:

I've seen some! :eek: Not sure if they were still in use :eek:

They were in one of our company's older buildings, a training room above a shop. It hadn't had any work done to it for a long time, it was rarely used, TBH. But one Xmas they decided to use it for model store, and needed it heating! So they dragged out all the oil radiators they could find. Tripped the electrics. Electrician refused to replace fuse, as it was an old wooden fusebox (pre-Wylex standard). So they had a new feed taken from the store's cellar to a metal CU, and heaters put in permenantly.

Now I think on, I think the rooms had pictogram lights in addition to the originals.

Sponsored Links
If you really want to fit maintained EM lights the ones on sale round here are dual purpose,ie,remove link for non-maintained. Prices around £12. I personally would not fit maintained in a bar as there are usually lots of other lights, but if thats what the customer wants!

no, that's still a maintained wingcoax..
it has wiring to power the lamp directly as well as from the battery
it's just a switched maintained that you don't bother switching on..

fit switched maintained..
you can often get them to match the other fittings so you just swap one or 2 out.. ( or take them out and mod them )

Leave link in operates as permanent on, take link out operates when power fails, ergo non-maintained.

Sponsored Links
Leave link in operates as permanent on, take link out operates when power fails, ergo non-maintained.

To me that is totally misleading as the case will be labelled as maintained, during maintainance visual checks you will see it not lit and assume it is faulty.
You will then have to open each one to see how it is wired.

Just confusing for the tenant who assumes the maintained ones should be permantly on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back