Maintenance free junction boxes under pipe runs

Per EFLI's drawing, I would have brought the LNE feed to the switch with separate twin and earths going from the three switches. Thus dispensing with the central box AND leaving the connections available for inspection and problem finding in the future.

But, a bit late for that now! You are stuck with your original plan. I guess the LEDs are 230v nominal fittings? In which case the cables to the LED fitings should be twin and earth, with the earth continuous to the fittings. This is needed, even if the fitting is double insulated or does not need to be earthed itself.

Sponsored Links
Per EFLI's drawing, I would have brought the LNE feed to the switch with separate twin and earths going from the three switches. Thus dispensing with the central box AND leaving the connections available for inspection and problem finding in the future.

But, a bit late for that now! You are stuck with your original plan. I guess the LEDs are 230v nominal fittings? In which case the cables to the LED fitings should be twin and earth, with the earth continuous to the fittings. This is needed, even if the fitting is double insulated or does not need to be earthed itself.

Only other option it to re-dig out the plaster...

The LED fittings are 230v, I have them connected in the hallway (attached picture). The fittings require a 85mm cutout, I'll see if I can place the central Wago near one of the fitting to allow it to be pulled though the cutout.

Attachments

• File_000 (2).jpeg
    File_000 (2).jpeg
    44.8 KB · Views: 119

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back