Make/sell hardwood French doors, in sections, for assembly?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This may be a strangle request, but I'm trying to keep my costs down.

I'm designing and building a summerhouse and ideally want to add a bi-fold or tri-fold door system (folding to the right), but don't need a professional system - one I can't afford, anyway.

I've looked at buying 2 or 3 hard-wood French doors or having them made (glazed, with cutouts for mortice lock, etc), but can't stretch to £300 - £400 (for the 3 doors).

I know it's a little bit more involved than this, but, as the doors are made by assembling the top, bottom, left and right sections, I wondered if any company or carpenter can supply the sections, to which I could add the glass and assemble, to reduce my costs.

The doors need to be the standard width (450mm) and thickness (45mm), but the height isn't too important – the standard 1981mm would be fine, though. I'll build a suitable frame myself.

Can anyone advise me on what to do?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back