Making a coin slot in glass bottle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bit of a random one here...

I have a large, empty Jack Daniels bottle that im using to collect change - but the bottle neck isnt wide enough to put 2p or 50p coins in.

I wanted to make a coin slot at the top of the body of the bottle, where i have marked it in red - any advice on how to do this without shattering the whole bottle?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20220828-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220828-WA0000.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 113
Sponsored Links
Dremel with a diamond cutting disc will happily cut hard porcelain tiles. The one I bought was about a tenner, but the packet also says it will cut glass

Sponsored Links
I had a large whiskey bottle that I saved £1 coins in, I fillled it and it was a total of £1k.

Took about 3-4 years

Andy

what about if you cut the 50p's in half with a grinder or even a hacksaw, they should fit down the neck then?
They would only be worth 25p, but you'd have double the amount, so it would even out overall?
To be on the safe side, buy lots of sellotape now, in case it goes up in price before you're ready to stick them all together again...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back