Making/buying small wood blocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to place a couple of wood panels in the gap at the top of the living room radiator to allow my cat to walk along it (as it's next to her cat tree and other flat-top furniture). I know the dimensions (7 x 4 x 63 cm, two pieces), and I need it to be white to match the radiator itself (we never turn the heating on as it's a remarkably well-insulated flat, so the heat wouldn't warp the wood or anything). That said, I have zero DIY experience and limited time, so any part of this I can outsource to a store or such would be great.

What should I do?

Sponsored Links
You can get 63x38 CLS timber from the likes of B&Q or Wickes, that's near enough. You could probably get it cut to length in a B&Q that has a sawmill operating if sawing is beyond you. Then slap a bit of white paint on it or if that's even too much effort you could cover it with some white Fablon vinyl also available in B&Q. Dought you'll get something exactly 70x40, the cat won't mind if it's a few mm off.

Cat can easily walk across a rad if it’s off . It Can jump three time the height and length if your rads .

I've never once seen any of our cats voluntarily walk along a radiator in thirty odd years of owning cats. Even cats (their digits are sometimes called toe beans) aren't comfortable walking on those fins, stands to reason.

Sponsored Links
I've never once seen any of our cats voluntarily walk along a radiator in thirty odd years of owning cats. Even cats (their digits are sometimes called toe beans) aren't comfortable walking on those fins, stands to reason.
They don’t walk on the fins they use the ridge on top .They love rads .

Attachments

• 35B814C8-4CA3-420A-8876-B2AB7F801B4F.jpeg
    35B814C8-4CA3-420A-8876-B2AB7F801B4F.jpeg
    15 KB · Views: 36
They don’t walk on the fins they use the ridge on top .They love rads .
That's just a random pic of some cats on a radiator, I don't think the OP's radiators are that type, with the horizontal grille on top, else the cats wouldn't have an issue would they? I'd hazard it has the thin vertical fins. That said I wonder if they can get a grille that clips on the top of the rad.

Last edited:
That's just a random pic of some cats on a radiator, I don't think the OP's radiators are that type, with the horizontal grille on top, else the cats wouldn't have an issue would they? I'd hazard it has the thin vertical fins. That said I wonder if they can get a grille that clips on the top of the rad.
We don’t know the cats have an issue , only the OP.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back