Making cardboard template for floor

Sponsored Links
You just need the cardbosrd for corners, cut-outs, pipes, WC pedestals, etc. The rest you are better using straight rips of hardboard or thin MDF for - trying to tape multiple A4 sheets together is a recipe for failure. If you are slightly oversize on vinyl or carpet hooked flooring blades are handy to trim to size in situ and save a lot of work trying to cut dead to size, although templates will still ne necessafy for the niggly bits

Sponsored Links
Sorry, why not remove the pan and lay the flooring under it?

If you insist on cutting around it you will have a long cut at the back of the pan to the wall. That is silly.

Do you plan to remove the existing laminate flooring first?

I respect the fact that you go to the trouble of posting here first, kudos, but I don't think that you are always totally open about what you are doing. IMO laying a vinyl sheet over existing laminate flooring is a bad idea.

I get that you are trying to earn a living but do you really think it fair that some (but not all) of your customers are "experiments"? I do not doubt that as time passes, you will earn your spurs, but... seriously mate, do you want to be the guy that chuffed up a number of houses in the process ?

Fair enough. I guess it eliminates the need to lay ply over the existing floorboards.

The kitchen floor is concrete and because a brick wall was taken out, it ended up with a hump a few feet in from the door. The laminate disguised the hump well, after a bit of attention from a grinder, but the hump would have shown through the vinyl, so I research the possibilities of leaving the laminate in place and adding the vinyl on top.What I read suggested it would be fine, so I went ahead with the vinyl and it had been fine.

The one problem I had, was the vinyl proved too easy to accidentality rip or tear, when first laid. It has certainly become tougher, as time as gone on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back