making good new sockets and wiring chased in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I have just chased-in some new wiring above the kitchen splashback. I now have to make good around the boxes and the finish has to be fairly good because I don't intend to tile over the lot. The socket fronts have to go down level, nice and flush on all sides etc. but I dont really want to get someone in to skim the whole wall.
Can anyone advise me of the best products and sequence? The max depth is about 40mm at some points next to the boxes - biggest area is only about 300 x 200 and only about 25mm deep.

Thanks a lot.
R

Sponsored Links
nce you have chased out everything go round with a dry brush and clean out any loose dust and crud from the holes, then go round again with a bit of diluted pva and brush that into the holes.
once you have done this and the glue has picked up a bit mix up a bit of bonding coat and bond out the chasesand other holes.
let this dry out over night then 2 coat easi fill over the top, you can sand this down to virtually nothing to make sure its perfectly featherd in.
if you take this option make sure you get the powderd easi fill that you mix up yourself not the pre mixed stuff as this shrinks tooo much and you could begoin back to it 4 or more times.

and too speed it up a bit mix and hand full of cement
in with the bonding sets it off nice
if you quick and know what your doing
i mix 3 double hand fulls in a 1 bag bonding mix#

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back