Making LED candles warmer

Sponsored Links
I have dimmable and they are 3,000K.
Try painting them.

Try covering them.

Try a lower colour temperature.

Or possibly try RGB ones where you can choose your own colour. I know you can get them with a discrete number of colours - you might be able to find one which is continuously variable.

Sponsored Links
I have dimmable and they are 3,000K.
Try painting them.

Try covering them.

Try a lower colour temperature.

Or possibly try RGB ones where you can choose your own colour. I know you can get them with a discrete number of colours - you might be able to find one which is continuously variable.
I have, to great expense, already bought the bulbs. They had to be bayonet as the existing fittings are bayonet. I assume being bayonet reduces choice.

Would painting the room walls say a cream colour make matters better, rather than have white walls?

I have, to great expense, already bought the bulbs. They had to be bayonet as the existing fittings are bayonet. I assume being bayonet reduces choice.
I imagine it does. If they were not bayonet, you could certainly find ones warmer than 3,000K. 2,700K are plentiful, and even 1,900K ones are meant to exist.
Would painting the room walls say a cream colour make matters better, rather than have white walls?
It would certainly make a difference, presumably in the 'better' direction, but the only way you could really find out the nature and extent of the change by trying it.

Kind Regards, John

I'm not sure I would repaint my room to save money on light fittings!

Why am I thinking of chocolate blocks ?
Because you aren't focussing on the problem - it's a lighting one.

screenshot_261.jpg

Ah - sorry, it's an LED candle one.

1e8fc0d6476d98b91c533b46b796ac7a.jpg

I'm not sure I would repaint my room to save money on light fittings!
I'm not sure that I would, either! However, if I had white walls, I might well be considering painting them a 'warmer'/less harsh colour, regardless of what lighting I had. Also, in the OP's case, as he's said, he has already bought (at "great expense") the LED lamps in question - which I suppose is a factor.

Kind Regards, John

I must confess I don't really understand the "great expense" bit. I don't know how many wall lights the OP has, but a quick Google Shopping search shows that if you ignore the suspiciously cheap ones from Chinese sellers on eBay, and the ludicrously expensive ones from the likes of RS, the market is awash with lamps in the £5 - £10 range.

True, I have not refined the search for BC bases, dimmable etc, but even so.

Nor can I think of any solution to try which has not been mentioned here apart from:

Replace the lampholders, or the lights, if the BC requirement significantly limits the choice of lamps. Most of the world uses ES, so most of the lamps for sale will be those.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back