makita aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i bought a new makita drill yesterday, when i used it for the first today i tried to change the battery but it wouldn't come off. i tried it 1 hour later and after 5 attempts i managed to get it off. i changed the battery and used the drill again. then when packing up i couldn't get the other battery off either. what the hell is going on. should i take it back or do i have to run the battery dead.

Sponsored Links
Just a bit stiff that's all. Will loosen up with use.

All my kit is Makita and I have never come across this before with stiff batteries. Could be a problem with the batts expanding when getting warm, I'd get them changed.

Sponsored Links
Take it back - it'll never ease up. They usually just click on no bother.

If it's one of the cheap makita's with red battery, they are stiff to start with but do free up.

Never had a problem with the red battery ones, are you sqeezing the buttons on each side of the battery???

I have the 18v lxt li ion stuff and it too is tough to get batteries on and off. I just give them a thump in the right direction.

Out of interest I have a new hilti 22v pair of pistol drill and recip saw, those have two buttons on the sides and though they are tight fit they go on and off much better than the lxt's do.

I don't find the 18v lxt system has much back up power. I bought a 3rd battery uk sourced as I convinced myself I had a bad batch, but it's no different. They are OK but they are not great.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back