Makita Impact Driver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I've just bought an Impact driver on ebay LXDT04 Makita which has just replaced the BTD141 .

Originally I ordered the BTD140 but was sent the LXDT04.

The seller says he'll change it for me but to save me the aggro , I just wondered if they all have the same qualities if anyone knows?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I've just bought an Impact driver on ebay LXDT04 Makita which has just replaced the BTD141
Really? Surely not in the UK. LXDT04 is a US model number (at least at the moment). Makita UK still list the BTD140 and my local dealer has them in stock, together with the brushless BTD144/BTD145 models. I suspect your supplier may be selling grey imports - not good if it needs to go in for repair at any time because Makita can and will refuse to uphold the warranty and may not even have some of the parts (been there, done that!)

Seen allot of these imports on the bay and the tree as stated in the last post Makita will offer no warranty on grey imports. Where as Makita offer 3ys warranty on there new UK kit when registered online.

but in saying that and i might take some flack for this but.. I have the btd141 prefer it to the UK btd140 version the bit holder takes bits without the need to retract the hex bit holder oooh! But the best bit is they don't have that stupid grey plastic cover that always falls off their cover is flush with the case doesn't overhang and get snagged off.

The only other difference is the btd141 has like 5 more NM torque and I think the Btd141 was made in china as opposed to Japan

(I was told the BTD140 are of better build quality and more reliable being made in Japan, but this is just repeating what a guy in the pub/forum told me).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back