Makita site radio keeps losing the radio presets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This happens every time I remove the battery. If I leave the battery in the radio and power down, it’s fine.

Can you please advise.

Sponsored Links
This happens every time I remove the battery. If I leave the battery in the radio and power down, it’s fine.

Can you please advise.
Leave the battery in the radio and power down. :ROFLMAO:

There should be AAA or AA backup batteries in the radio to retain the memory. Perhaps you should find the manual and have a read of it for the location and how to fit /change those?

Son in law has one , has to hit it with a hammer to get it to work , or maybe that’s why its so unreliable.

Can you please advise.
That's normal with battery radios.

They will often hold the settings for a minute or so while you change the battery.

In some cases there is an internal standby battery to keep the clock going, often green and soldered in place though it is possible to solder in a replacement.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back