Makita

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought myself a Makita 14 V cordless drill / driver after my B & D one started smoking after removing a lot of screws. :( If anyone has a spare £100, get one as it is absolutely brill.

The torque and ease of use, not to mention the braking when you release the trigger beat Dewalt and others hands down.

I have a Makita chopsaw which is superb too.

Treat yourselves to quality. No more B & Q own brand again!

Sponsored Links
I have a nice range from 7.2V to 18V Makita drills/drivers. Recently I have been going for my 9.6V Makita drill much more! Its just an all rounder for me now, enough torque for use when putting boards up, great for all round drilling/piloting. Does about 50% of the job I need now without lugging my hefty 18Vter.

Sponsored Links
I bought a 10.8v impact driver and drill set.. haven't lifted the 18v more than twice since.. the 14.4v stuff is going on ebay! totally replaced.

I have a fair collection of Makita cordless tools, 9.6, 14.4 & 18v. I used to buy cheapo stuff, but this year I have been doing a bit of work in the loft and most of the cheap stuff died (batteries or motors) the one consistantly reliable drill was my 1988 vintage 9.6v Makita. So I started looking around and noticed that Makita have gone Li-ion with their batteries so all the 18v (Ni-Cad) stuff was up for grabs cheap.

One bit of kit worth a look is the so called impact driver - 18v but lighter than the drills and really good torque.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back