Man wrestles gun from assailant outside Manchester pub

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8402557.stm

He only got a minimum of 3 years, should have gone down for at least 10 years, possession of illegal firearm, discharging it in a public place and using it to threaten a member of the public.
Ruddy soft judges :evil:

Would have read better if the gun had 'accidentally' fired during the struggle and the prat took a bullet through his empty skull.

Sponsored Links
The only time you get a long jail sentence, is if you steal, fiddle or defraud money from the government. If you're a murderer, rapist, or any other vile creature, you will be jailed into a life of luxury, and be allowed out after a short period of time, to go shopping etc. all to help ease you back to normal life in the community............ ****e.

Roughcaster.

Sponsored Links
It used to be a 12 year sentence for carrying firearms and the gun was loaded too.
disgraceful cowardly scum, I hope he gets bum raped!

A little bit off topic, but I listened to a very interesting radio debate this week where it was stated (and backed up by all concerned) that the CPS is targeted on successful convictions. Because of this the CPS are reluctant to pursue any case, regardless of the nature of the crime, if there isn't an almost 100% chance of a succesful conviction.

Everything these days is governed by statistics, and if the CPS show a 90% convicton rate, then they are deemed a success. The fact that they don't pursue 70% of the cases as they are frightened of losing doesn't appear anywhere on their balance sheet :rolleyes:

typical police not giving this person what they deserve.... if it was up to me anyone caught with a gun should me made to live in france ;) ;)

Back