Manchester...

I remember going to a good pub there several years ago. I can't remember the name but it had sawdust on the floor.

My first wife thinks it's called The Hare and Hounds. (Her memory's better than mine.)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Due to redundancy it looks like we're moving over to Manchester. I've been offered something pretty central but presume the further you are from the centre, the cheaper it is, with regards to house prices. Any suggestions on areas to avoid/look at?
Signed up with these for now http://www.bridgfords.co.uk/ but if anyone can recommend anyone else that'd be great, had some dodgy experiences with estate agents in the past.

I wouldn't bother with any particular estate agents, Rightmove and related websites give you a much better overview.

You can live comparatively central for a low price if you're not too bothered about having renters as neighbours.

In terms of areas, I wouldn't categorically exlude any of them. I'd look at the price I'm prepared to pay and the area I'd like to live in (central, outskirts, near countryside, near workplace etc), then see what's available. Google street view gives you an immediate impression of the area and often also of the people. At the end of the day it's the price bracket that you're searching that will give you the better areas or the "not so good" ones.

Back