Manrose mf100t inline extractor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had 3 of these fitted in my house for the past 2 and half years. In each installation there is both a light on/off switch and a fan on/off switch. Provided the fan switch is in the on position, switching on the light will activate the fan. Generally after showers are finished we switch the fan to off unless a particularly smelly visit to the loo is made!

Recently the one in the guest room, which isn't used that often, developed a fault. I have changed it for the one in our ensuite. Our former one now works fine in the guest room, but the former guest room one only appears to come on when you turn the light switch off again.

Any ideas why folks?

Sponsored Links
There are ways that could happen - but not if you have not altered the switch wiring.

What did it do after it "developed a fault"?

It wouldn't always come on, but might if you switched the light off and on a few times. Currently it is coming on sometimes but not always when the light is on, but is coming on when the light is switched off. I will check the internal connections and if that doesn't sort it, it sounds like it needs replacing. It also makes a solenoid type noise before it comes on, sometimes.

Sponsored Links
Can't be bothered to trail through the Manrose site to check but do they have a motorised backdraught preventer/shutter?- if so, is it jammed/full of fluff (so not opening fully so not triggering the microswitch in the motor circuit every time)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back