Manual Lever on motorised valve central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What are the risks of using the manual lever on motorised valve continuously.

Sponsored Links
What I need to know is if putting this on manual can have an impact on the central heating system

Well you are simply overriding any programmer settings and if left on only other system controls would be effective ie. radiator TRV's. The system would still be calling for heat as the valve is open. Not sure why you would want this situation?

Sponsored Links
The valve seems to be playing up. We have changed this twice in the last three months. Can I just leave it on manual rather than I keep changing it. Is there a risk of overheating ?

So you have changed the motorised acctuator twice? I would be surprised if that was the problem.
Do you have a programmable room thermostat??

yes we have. It is also a 2 port valve. Do you think it is caused by the room programmer

What I need to know is if putting this on manual can have an impact on the central heating system
Well it still wouldn't work properly...

Maybe you used a cheapo valve. There's plenty of junk out there.

Well it still wouldn't work properly...

Maybe you used a cheapo valve. There's plenty of junk out there.

the way spot it is, anything with the words, honeywell, drayton or sunvic written anywhere on the product, fits the highlighted abve description.

You need to give us some more info on what the problem is?
The programmer controls the valve so it could be the prorammer - if you have one? What is actually happening to the valve ie. is it not workin at all?

When you turn the central heating and the Hot water on, the central heating works perfectly. However, the valve in the Hot water does not open. There is no signal I understand that is being sent to the Boiler. If we use the manual overide, we found out that this is having an impact on the efficiency of the central heating. so we have stopped using the manual overide to make the central heating work properly. The annoying thing is that we have changed this specific valve twice - it is a completely new boiler system. The valve from the central heating works perfectly well and it is from the same manufacturers. The engineer seems to be saying that it must be a batch problem with this valve from the manufacturers. Not quite sure that I agree entirely.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back