Manual Tile Cutter for 600mm tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a tile cutter, but I suspect it was designed for when tiles where smaller. It seems tiles are getting bigger.

I plan to move houses, so I need something which I can use again.

So I don't mind if I can get one, which can cut tiles bigger then 600mm. The tiles I am going to use at the moment are 600mm....

I have read reviews of 1000m tiles cutter, but most seem to have low star ratings. So I am confused.

Example:
Selco - Tile Rite 1000 manual tile cutter rated 2.5 stars
Vitex - manual tile cutter 900mm rated 3.5 stars

I know on the other post someone recommended the Tool Station Electric tile cutter, however, I know if I give it to the builder (I mean handyman).

He will complain that it takes too long to cut and it will create a lot of dust (even though it is wet). He has used an angle grinder in the past, but he wasn't so keen due to dust on the newly painted kitchen...

Sponsored Links
What sort of tiles are you wanting to cut? If natural stone then I would go with a diamond blade and angle grinder.

Sponsored Links
Okay then I would highly recommend either a Sigma or Rubi. The Sigma I used to have was the Sigma 3E4M MAX. They hold their money as well so you can always sell it after the job

Opps, funnily enough I have this as I needed one for my new bathroom after I sold my Sigma. It's surprisingly good for the price.

I had to return the first one because the cuts were curved but the second one performed admirably with the 600*600 wall tiles

Unfortunately it was no good for the floor tiles. They were a distressed/washed oak effect porcelain tile with differing stave widths and up to 1400mm long. The cuts that very visible on the wet room floor were cut on my Rubi wet cutter. The ones that very invisible were cut with an angle grinder.

I once made the mistake of tiling a floor to ceiling, plus floor, bathroom (all 900*900) and made all of the cuts with an angle grinder. Boy was it slow (and messy). That said, all cuts were true to 0.5mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back