Manual tile cutter for glass tiles?

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

I am planning on putting up some frosted glass tiles in my bathroom:
http://www.firedearth.com/tiles/range/aurora/aurora-asgard-brick-mosaic

Question is, would something like a Rubi TS be able to cut through these cleanly or would I have to use a wet cutter?

Cheers for any advice,
Bert

Probably not the TS. Whilst a wet cutter or angle grinder may be the preferred option for most, unless you have a fine glass blade, they will splinter quite badly.

A manual cutter with a moveable breaker system would be far easier and quicker. The TS's fixed breaker will mean you have to take the tiles off the mesh to score and break them one at a time. It will work but will be a slow process.

If you were to use something like a Rubi Star cutter (very basic but will work on glass), TR, TX or Speed ranges, or a Sigma 2 or 3 series cutter, you can lay the sheet on the bed, score the whole sheet in one go, and move the breaker to snap the tiles one by one. You may find a sheet of rubber or thin linotex on the base will help keep the sheet in place when scoring.

Hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back