will ceramic tile cutters cut porcelain, quary's etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Vitrex bridge cutter with diamond blade but im also going to get a manual cutter for the majority of straight cuts. Im getting ready to do a lot of tiling jobs in the house from small splash backs to whole bathrooms etc. Ive only ever done the odd tiling job before so borrowed my dads cheap DIY tools.

Ive been looking at Rubi manual cutters, 'Rubi pocket' etc which say they will cut a 12mm ceramic tile, but will they also cut a 12mm porcelain tile or quarry tile?

anyone recomend a decent specific manual cutter that doesnt break the bank? I have quite a lot of jobs to do but I do have the electric cutter aswell but it was only £110 from Costco so it seems mad spending nearly that again on a maual cutter. But I totally get the better tools better job thing to a point and as a percentage of the tiling costs and money Ill be saving tackling it myself £60 to £100 maybe isnt a big deal.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sigma.....

Best dry cutter out there.....rubi is for p@@@s...

When done you will want to keep it.....if not sell on flea bay you will get your money back....

Ps....
JcTIling will tell you rubi.....but he is daft... ;)

hahaha I tried a Sigma once when we had some Aussie tilers working for us. I couldn't get on with them.

My personal all rounder dry cutter is the Rubi TR600S probably out of your price range though. Will do 12mm Quarrys easily.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back