Mapei Fuga Fresca

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just finishing my bathroom tiling project, and proceeding with the grout. The grout is Ultra Colour plus Manhattan grey. I am following the instructions to the letter with this stuff, and measuring batches as carefully as I can ( 200ml water to 1KG grout every time ) . Mixing with SDS drill and paddle attachment on slow speed, Slaking period and remix ect. I'm also giving the bag a good shake before mixing, but I am getting colour variations, even in the same batch. I Contacted Mapei support, and the best they could offer was that they recommend that I mix a whole bag ( 5kg ) at a Time. This is a non starter, as I am a Diy'er and this stuff sets up pretty quickly. Half would end up in the bin. The Mapei rep told me about Fuga Fresca grout colourant and sealer. Has anybody used this stuff before. Is it any good
Has anybody had problems with this colour variation with ultra colour plus ?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back