Mapei Keraflex Maxi S1

Sponsored Links
you need another adhesive. most manufactures will have something suitable but all should be primed, have a look at Bal or Tilemaster, if theres nothing in the mapei range

I have conflicting views some say it is fine,(Although Keraflex docs say no) also i have been told only prime edges of ply not surface to tile on? Might get bag of Ultra sp, used that before with no issues
Would you suggest some BAL - Bond SBR or Ultra Prime IT FP Flexible Additive & Primer ultra's equivalent

Last edited:
I've always used whichever SBR primer I have had to hand without any issues. Last job on wood I did I used Bal SBR with TA ultimate, no problems so far 6 months on(cue phone ringing :mrgreen:).
Nowadays there's loads of talk about substrates , substrate specific primers, decoupling mats, adhesives etc.
Go back 10 years PVA was the "primer" of choice if used at all and there wasn't anywhere near the choice of adhesives there are now. Not saying the correct procedure shouldn't be followed, failures to some degree have dictated current best practice, but I can tell you of at least one floor which was tiled unprimed straight onto chipboard using 2 part fast-flex that is still solid as a rock, that was done in 2004. I will report back in a month or so's time when it is being pulled up

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
So bought some Ultra Prime IT FP Flexible Additive & Primer and some Ultra Tile ProFlex SP+ES Standard Set for floor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back