Marble sink Issue-your views?

Sponsored Links
well you wouldn't of known it was faulty until it was installed .
Quite. I asked them and they said they were reduced because end of line stock because too many were delivered with faults/cracks.

Sponsored Links
if they told you that your on a losing battle TBH , they told you it had faults !!! but charging £200 is a bl@ody cheek imo .

but you turned down the help :oops:
I don't think so. If a sink by definition is meant to drain then they don't have a leg to stand on. They didn't say MY sink had faults just that some came with cracks so they couldn't sell them.
My feeling is they bought in a large amount...had returns from people like me. They then had to decide whether to try and sell on the stock or ditch them all. A stock pile of many thousands of £'s. They may have decided to sell the stock but expect to have to accept some returns. That is my theory. I will find out shortly whether I am right when I complain.

what did you sign when buying basin ( waver form/ note ) ? if nothing was signed you may have a chance depending on what SHOP :cool:

In your photo the water is clearly pooling in the direction away from the wall.

Have you fitted some shims as suggested to level it off as recommended above?

Tony

In your photo the water is clearly pooling in the direction away from the wall.

Have you fitted some shims as suggested to level it off as recommended above?

Tony
As said, I don't know what you mean by 'shims'. It has to pool somewhere if its a flat surface and can't escape. The sink surely needs to slope/camber from all sides to the central point where the trap is located. If the trap was in a corner it would slope/camber to that point like a shower or Belfast sink.

god i give up , some people just don't know where their better off . I've got good friends in the possible shops your talking about in bath and I'm there this week :rolleyes: . do you really think their going to care/make a liable case for a reject basin ??:ROFLMAO: . i was offering help ( don't know why ) but i can't be bothered now :rolleyes: .

Yes, on an ideal sink.

But on yours you need a wedge to push out the lower edge away from the wall so that the water is equally spaced either side of the drain.

Tony

i don't even think that is the correct waste for that marble basin .

I think that I have seen some slightly dished wastes used.

But a DIY installer will not know about them.

Your water is pooling at the front of the basin, and slightly to the right, so you need to shim it to raise the front up and make the basin sit level. Doing away with any washers between the waste firing and the basin, and using a neutral cure silicone or MS Polymer sealant there instead will help with the draining. I think if you complain and show them the photos you've posted here they'll just tell you to go away and level it up, and rightly so

OP: Read AGAS' and Muggles posts. Even Agiles "shim" post. The sink base is obviously running to the front right corner, so you need to adjust to stand a chance. And change that waste - it is clearly proud of the base so could never clear.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back