Marble sink Issue-your views?

OP, I called it a shim, which you don't want to know or even look up.

Then I called it a wedge, but you don't even want to know that common word.

If you don't make the basin level then of course it will pool badly.

Why don't you get a professional installer if you cannot recognise the need to make it level?

Sponsored Links
All is level thanks. I don't need a so called professional (someone who is paid) Fitted many sinks and showers etc. Plaster/electrics. Lowered profile slightly of waste by taking out washer and using P/Mate as someone suggested. Makes no difference.
Its a no brainer, the sink design is defective.

Well, as you are convinced you are right, get the shop to visit.
Why did you bother posting?

I don't understand how anyone can see the water pooling towards the front and right and think it is level.

The same person would not realise how a spirit level works. Or perhaps would use it with the bubble off center!

Sponsored Links
Depending on how its made the top could be perfectly level but the basin could still hold water.
Water won't run uphill. And there is likely a "hill" in that product.

Which is why a professional would not be blinkered and fit the basin so that the part around the drain outlet is level regardless of the accuracy of the machining.

A professional wouldn't leave the surface off level.
The amount it would probably need to be off to allow water to flow from a dish in the base (that is most likely a manufacturing fault) would not be acceptable.

Looks to be a lip at the basin outlet which might not be helping.
Maybe the OP has botched the install also?

Last edited:
Since the OP does not want to take advice then he has not received that affirmation.

But I think that one of his main aims was to obtain support for taking it back secondhand for a refund.

Put some ball bearings in there and see where they roll to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back