marble wall tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm hoping to tile my bathroom with marble tiles (10 mm thick). The walls are plaster which seems sound and i'd like to stick the tiles directly to the wall. Around a new shower i intend to use a Mira tanking kit and a classi seal tape to keep the moisture away from the plaster. Any advice , hints and things to avoid?. :?:

Sponsored Links
One thing to keep in mind is that you can't use most bathroom cleaners on marble tiles -- they remove limescale, and thus damage marble. I did glorious marble tiles in my last bathroom, and would never do it again! There may be some kind of sealant you can use, but I couldn't find one at the time.

Just as i thought i'd sorted out what tiles to use!. I hadn't given removing limescale a thought and i live in a hard water area - plays havoc with ceramic disk taps- anybody any comments on effective sealers for the tiles?.

Sponsored Links
Decorative concrete in teh newst most innovative way to get the look you want. Through use dye and superior new technology, concrete is used to create the look duplicating granite, slate, stone, brick and even wood.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back