Marked work top

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all this may come across as a stupid question, have a laminated work top in butchers block where a stain has appeared we don't no how or what caused it, I have scraped and taken a film off the top with a new Stanley blade but it's still there which tells me it's into the laminate. Sorry but unable to upload photo, hence saying a stupid question without photo. Any suggestions as to how it may be removed, it looks like a water stain you would get on a wooden table top! Thanks for your time!

Sponsored Links
You need to try and identify the cause first as it can determine the method to remove the stain.

A steam iron and cloth can work for some water based stains, a solvent or bleach or some others

You need to try and identify the cause first as it can determine the method to remove the stain.

A steam iron and cloth can work for some water based stains, a solvent or bleach or some others

With research I have found other worktops from B&Q have been suffering the same problems, it appears to be a manufacturing fault which rears its head after a period of time, for what reason I don't know, but all along I felt it was within the Laminate itself!

So its of to B&Q to see what they have to say, and has anyone else had a similar experience with Laminate worktops?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back