Marks out of 10

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fellas,

I've got a Worcester 9.24 Electronic - which is on its last legs now (after 13 years)

I'm tempted by the Ariston Genus 38HE ....

I haven't heard much opinion on the Ariston Genus range - they any good ? what score out of 10 would you guys give them ?

or should I bite the bullet and get another Worcester ?

cheers for any help
Dogs

Sponsored Links
any ariston gets a 1/10

would be a minus if i took into account the general feeling of cheap nastiness they have.

Sponsored Links
Avoid Ariston like the plague...they turned the reliable standard efficiency Microgenus into the Microgenus HE pile of carp full of design faults.

Their attitude nowdays is complete s**te, their technical abilities are stretched making baths let alone boilers :D

1/10

Shame really the older Aristons wern't so bad.

I imagine you are 'tempted' by the price. What other reason could you have?

Avoid Ariston like the plague...they turned the reliable standard efficiency Microgenus into the Microgenus HE pile of carp full of design faults.

The original non-condensing MicroGenus was a very good boiler. Is it still made?

as far as i know its not for sale anymore the last 1 i tryed to get about 18 months ago was sent down from scotland by PTS but was damaged when i got it so it went back,you have to have special conditions to fit non condensing boilers so i suppose they are now no longer available,but i must admit there not that good either.ariston seem to be getting a reputation of unreliabilty with there boilers.

as far as i know its not for sale anymore the last 1 i tryed to get about 18 months ago was sent down from scotland by PTS but was damaged when i got it so it went back,you have to have special conditions to fit non condensing boilers so i suppose they are now no longer available,but i must admit there not that good either.ariston seem to be getting a reputation of unreliabilty with there boilers.

London, with 100,000s of flats, is full of non-condensing boilers. The MicroGenus was not cheap, but very well specced

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back